Combining beef, chicken and eggs, this keto friendly and low carb, three protein cauliflower rice is not only packed with nutrients but also full of flavor which will leave you satiated for a long time.
Even if you are like my husband, and don’t like the flavor of plain cauliflower rice, you are still going to like this version, as the condiments and vegetables involved in this, removes the strong smell of the cauliflower. You can also swap the vegetables for any of your favorite ones. Try it once, and I can assure you, it will soon replace your favorite Chinese take out.
I first made this dish, when following a whole30 program. Its a clean eating period, where you only feed your body with unprocessed, whole foods for a period of 30 days. After I was tired of having plain cauliflower rice with curries, this was a welcome change that became a regular in our household even when we aren’t on whole30 anymore.
Here is the recipe (written recipe below):
Ingredients Serves 4 I Preparation time 20 minutes I Cooking time 20 minutes
• 2 Tbsp sesame oil
• 200 grams beef mince
• 200 grams chicken breast, cut into small cubes
• 2 spring onions, bulbs and greens separated
• 3 finely chopped cloves of garlic
• 1 Tbsp tomato paste (substitute: 3 Tbsp tomato puree)
• 2 Tbsp soya sauce (for whole30 or paleo use 2 Tbsp coconut aminos)
• 1/2 cup broccoli
• 1/2 cup carrots
• 1/2 cup cabbage
• 2 cups cauliflower rice
• 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Heat sesame oil in a pan on medium high heat.
- Add minced meat and chicken, and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped bulbs of spring onion and chopped garlic. Fry until minced meat turns brown. This will take about 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomato paste (or tomato puree) and soy sauce (or coconut aminos) and mix well.
- Now add the broccoli, carrots, cabbage and cauliflower rice.
- Mix well, cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, push the cauliflower rice to one side of the pan.
- Beat your eggs and add on the empty side of the pan.
- Wait for a few seconds before stirring to form ribbons.
- Stir every few seconds to scramble the egg and then mix into the cauliflower rice.
- Turn off the heat and add the green part of the spring onion and the sesame seeds.