Perfect for those who do not like it too hot. My kids always feel proud having this, as they feel like grown ups, who eat their food with chutneys.
I like using Italian sweet red pepper for this one, as it has less water content as compared to bell pepper, but you could swap red bell pepper for a similar result. I add some garlic and lemon juice for a flavorful kick and some olive oil for creaminess. A pinch of cumin rounds it all up. This chutney is a great substitute for ketchup and goes well with:
✅ rice dishes
✅ fish sticks
✅ potato chips
Let’s get to the recipe (there are 3 other chutneys on the video too) ; written instructions below:
- 1 Italian sweet pepper (spitzpaprika or 1 red bell pepper)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbsp olive oil + some for drizzling on top
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- Add all the ingredients into a blender jar.
- Make a smooth paste without adding any water.
- Transfer into an airtight container and store for up to a week in the fridge and for upto 6 weeks in the freezer.