These are the easiest, quickest chicken wings you will ever make. My kids like cheese and ketchup, so I combined these two flavors.
When baking wings, there are chances they might get too dry, so I cooked them in the instant pot first (you could also use a pressure cooker or a pan) until tender. Then I topped them with cheese and broiled them in the oven until golden. It is a fool proof method for crispy-from-the-outside, juicy-from-the-inside wings. You can use any marinade, sauce or cheese of your choice and follow the same procedure.
They were so good that even iron man, donald duck and goofy came to join A and Z. 😉
Here is the recipe; written instructions below:
Ingredients: makes 6 chicken wings / Preparation time: 5 minutes / cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- 2 Tbsp tomato ketchup
- 6 chicken wings (with skin)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1. Mix cumin powder, paprika powder and ketchup.
2. Put the chicken wings into an instant pot/ pressure cooker / pan.
3. Add 1/2 cup water.
4. Cook in an instant pot on high pressure for 5 minutes; or in a pressure cooker for 10 minutes; or in a pan for 15-20 minutes until tender.
5. Arrange the chicken wings on a wire rack and top each wing with cheddar cheese.
(To avoid getting the oven dirty put a lined tray underneath).
6. Bake on 220 degrees into a preheated oven for 5 minutes.