You wouldn’t believe how easy it is to make your own homemade pineapple jam. This jam has been one of the life savior for me. My kids can have it for breakfast, lunch and dinner (if permitted 😉).
This jam is very versatile and could be used in many different ways like:
🍍as a spread on your toast,
🍍mixed with yogurt,
🍍eaten with your parathas,
🍍or topped on a cake.
I always prefer making my own jam at home using brown sugar. It’s much healthier than the store bought one, and is free of any preservatives and artificial colors. If stored in the fridge into an airtight container, this could last for up to a month. Just make sure to use a clean and dry spoon every time to take out. You could also freeze it for up to 3 months.
Here is how to make it:
Preparation time: 10 minutes / Cooking time : 1 hour
Ingredients: Makes 2 medium sized jars of jam
- 1 big sized pineapple
- 1 cup brown sugar
1) Cut the pineapple as shown in the video.
2) Put into a blender and make a smooth mixture.
3) Transfer to a pot, add sugar and mix.
4) Cook on slow heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
5) Turn off heat and allow to cool down before transferring into an airtight container. Always store refrigerated.