Ready in less than 20 minutes, this is one of the easiest and quickest recipes that you will ever make. A handful of simple but flavor-packed ingredients makes it delectable. This is going to be your favorite, fancy looking, no-fuss meal.
I never thought I would say that and I still don’t believe that I am actually writing it, but I love zucchini noodles. I even prefer them over regular noodles because I don’t have to watch out on how many plates I am eating, and they are very fulfilling. I have a very satisfied feeling after my meal with zoodles, unlike with the normal pasta, which you cannot have enough of. Just like pasta, I make zoodles in different variations. But this one by far is my favorite.
It comes together in no time. It requires only a few ingredients. It looks fancy and tastes scrumptious. Do you need any more reasons to make it now?
How to turn Zucchini into noodles?
There are several ways to make zucchini noodles:
Spiralizer: You can spiralize the zucchini using a spiralizer. There are electric ones, which do the job in seconds but the manuals one (which I also use) don’t take more than a few minutes either.
Julienne Peeler: You may use a julienne peeler to peel thin strips of zucchini. This method will however take longer than using a spiralizer.
Peeler: You can peel off thin strips of zucchini and then cut it into thin strips by sliding a knife lengthwise. This method will take the longest.
Chili Garlic Shrimps with Zoodles
- 2 medium sized Zucchini
- 6 medium sized garlic cloves
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp any spicy red chili powder
- 350 grams/ 2 cups raw shrimps (with or without covering)
- 10 pieces cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup curly parsley (optional)
- Turn your zucchini into zoodles using either of the three devices: spiralizer, julienne peeler, peeler (Method explained above). Set aside.
- Put a pan on medium high heat and add the olive oil, along with garlic, chili flakes and chili powder. (Do not wait for the oil to get heated. Add the mentioned ingredients to cold oil to infuse the flavors fully). Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimps and cook for 2 minutes on each side. (if using shrimps without cover, cook for 1 minute on each side).
- In the meanwhile, cut the cherry tomatoes in half and add them to the pan. Give a quick mix.
- Add your zoodles, season with salt and pepper. Mix carefully to avoid breaking them. Let cook for 1 minute.
- Use this time to chop your parsley. Switch off heat and add the parsley.