A perfect weeknight dinner which is ready within minutes and liked by the whole family. Make a big portion of salad to go along, and you will have a filling meal.
What Are The Three Ingredients?
Other than pasta and seasoning (salt and pepper), you will need the following ingredients:
- Suçuk (Turkish sausage): Other than the Turkish stores, it is now available at many German grocery stores like Edeka, Rewe and sometimes also at Aldi or Lidl.
- Whipping cream (Schlagsahne): I use the one with 30% fat.
- Baby spinach: I use fresh baby spinach for this recipe.
Turn This into a Filling Meal
Having the pasta by itself can be very carb heavy. Also, you tend to eat a big portion of it to have a satiating feeling. Serve it with a big portion of salad, which will balance it out and make the meal filling and more nutritious.
In the picture below, I served it with arugula-grape salad. The recipe for this salad will be coming out soon too.
3 Ingredient Pasta
- 500 grams fussili pasta (could also be whole grain)
- 100 grams suçuk (Turkish sausage)
- 200 grams whipping cream (schlagsahne)
- 125 grams baby spinach
- salt and pepper
- Remove the outer covering of suçuk, and chop it roughly into small pieces.
- Boil about 3 liters of water with a tablespoon of salt. Add the pasta and cook according to packet instructions (until al-dente). Do not overcook. Reserve about 200 ml of pasta water before draining.
- You can put the same pot (used for boiling pasta), back on medium heat. Add the suçuk pieces. The suçuk will render its fat into the pot. Add the boiled pasta, whipping cream, baby spinach and the reserved pasta water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lower the heat and cover. Let it cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let it rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a big portion of salad for a filling meal.