This tea is relaxation in every sip. The combination of lemongrass with ginger is incredible.
This tea also helps relieve sore throat. Make a big batch and sip it throughout the day. Lemongrass and ginger have anti-oxidants and anti inflammatory properties which help relieve chest congestion. Honey is an effective cough suppressant. Sometimes I also add a few drops of lemon for added vitamin C.
Lemongrass Ginger Tea
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 3cm piece ginger
- 1 liter water
- 1 Tbsp honey
- a few drops lemon juice (optional)
- Pound the lemongrass using the back of your knife. Then cut into slices.
- Crush the ginger in a mortar and pestle, or finely grate it.
- Take a saucepan and add the lemongrass and ginger into it, along with the water. Bring it to a boil, then let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Pour into mugs, using a strainer. Let it slightly cool down and then add the honey and lemon (if using). Enjoy hot.