The creamy mango puree, when combined with zesty ginger, hot chili flakes, a pinch of cumin and some apple cider vinegar, hits just the right spots. This smooth and thick chutney is sweet, tangy and spicy.
It is well paired with:
✅ aaloo parathas
✅ wraps and sandwiches
✅ samosas and pakoras
This mango chutney is perfect to have with your breakfast as it isn’t overly spicy and doesn’t leave your mouth with a bad smell.
Here is the recipe video, along with 3 other chutneys; written instructions below:
- 1 ripe mango
- 3-4 cm ginger piece
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp black salt (substitute: 1/2 tsp salt)
- 1 tsp chili flakes (adjust to your preferred spice level)
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar (substitute: any other fruit vinegar)
- Peel and cut the mango.
- Blend it into a smooth puree.
- Peel and grate the ginger. (Substitute with 2 tsp of ginger paste if you don’t like chunks of ginger)
- Add the pureed mango into a saucepan along with all the other ingredients.
- Mix and let cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Stir every 5 minutes to avoid burning.
- After 15 minutes, take off heat and let cool down before serving.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to a month. (Take care to always use a clean and dry spoon to avoid spoilage)