Rubbed with spicy garlic pickle, coated with cheddar and then baked to a golden crisp, these chicken wings will take you into a different world of fusion.
Are you craving something spicy? or sour? Or maybe something cheesy? Did you say you love garlic? These baked chicken wings are your answer to all those cravings and likings. Coated in a homemade achaari mix, baked to perfection, before being smothered in cheesy, garlicy achaari sauce, these will be a hit at every party whether you serve them as appetizers, or as a main course with rice or chapati.
Here is the recipe; written instructions below:
- Chicken wings 500 grams (about 6 pieces)
- Olive oil 2 tsp + 2 tsp
- Dry achaari masala (I used homemade) 3 Tbsp
- Baking powder 1 Tbsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Shan Garlic pickle (including pickle masala) 2 tsp
- Honey 2 tsp
- Vinegar 2 tsp
- Grated cheddar cheese 1/2 cup
- Pat the chicken completely dry with a kitchen towel.
- Rub the chicken with 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Mix the dry achaari masala, baking powder and salt together and rub and coat the chicken wings properly from all sides.
- Bake in a preheated oven initially for 120 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, increase the temperature to 220 degrees Celsius and bake for another 20 minutes. Set aside until you prepare your cheese sauce.
- For the cheese sauce, add the pickle, along with 2 Tbsp olive oil, honey and vinegar in a pan.
- When bubbly add the cheese.
- As soon as the cheese melts, take off heat and add your chicken wings and coat it well with the sauce.