A twist to the classic green (coriander and chili) chutney, this one gets a punch from the mint. It has a very refreshing taste which goes really well with summer vegetables and rolls.
Its super easy and simple to make. You just need the right ingredients in the right quantities. This chutney has the power to bring a plain, simple food to the next level. Added to any meal, this is sure to tickle your taste buds.
Let’s get to the recipe:
- 3-4 spicy green chilies (adjust to preferred level of spiciness)
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander
- 1 clove of garlic
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tomato
- 1 tsp salt
- Roughly chop the tomatoes, chili and garlic.
- Add the coriander and mint leaves on the bottom of a blender jar, followed by all other ingredients. (This way the leaves will be weighted down by the heavier ingredients and won’t fly away from the blades)
- Blend into a smooth paste, without adding water. (Share the blender jar a bit, if the ingredients get stuck.)
- Store into an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4-5 days, or in the freezer for up to a month.