As an onion lover, I can have these marinated onion with almost everything.
These marinated onions are addictive, so good that it’s hard to make them last long. They are really versatile and could be used in a number of ways.
How to use/serve marinated onions?
You can serve these onions with almost anything, but here are some ideas:
- Add to a wrap or sandwich
- serve along biryani or pulao
- serve along curries and daals
- serve as a side to the grill dishes (meat etc)
- serve along kababs
- add to salads
- 2 medium red onion
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- Slice the onion thinly into rings (preferably using a slicer).
- In a glass jar, mix the rest of the ingredients and give a good shake to combine everything together.
- Pour the prepared mixture over the sliced onion and mix with hands, separating the onion rings and coating the onion thoroughly with the marinade.
- Cover and let sit on the counter for at least a few hours.
- You can reuse the leftover marinade by adding more freshly sliced onion. The marinated onion stay good for 48 hours on room temperature.
- Those concerned about wine vinegar: it does not contain any alcohol and hence is considered halal for consumption.