This vegan menu will leave your guests asking for more.
This vegan menu is designed to keep a fine balance between taste and nutrition. Starting with Turkish lentil soup or vegan shami kabab, which will warm up the taste buds without being too heavy on the stomach. Following up with the mains like chickpea, spinach and potato curry, zucchini aaloo sabzi and turmeric rice (tehri). The side of arugula and grapes salad add a nice crunch to the meals, while spicy mint and coriander chutney will be there for the spice lovers. Avocado chocolate mousse is the perfect dessert to sum up the meal, while watermelon masala lemonade will keep it refreshing and light.
The recipes for the individual items are linked below. Scroll down further to find tips for preps, and suggestions to serve this menu.
Turkish Lentil Soup
Or Vegan Shami Kabab
Chickpea, Spinach and Potato Curry
Zucchini Aloo Sabzi
Turmeric Rice (Tehri)
Arugula Grapes Salad
Spicy Mint and Coriander Chutney
Watermelon Masala Lemonade
Tips for prep and serving this menu
- Turkish Lentil Soup: You can prepare the soup up to two days before serving. However this soup tends to thicken overtime. You will need to add some water when reheating. It is best to reheat the soup on a stovetop rather than in microwave. Keep the chili oil seperate and garnish with it just before serving.
- Vegan Shami Kabab: You can prepare and shape the kababs a day in advance. Store them in the fridge into an airtight container. Fry these just before serving so they remain crispy and warm. Garnish with onion rings and fresh coriander.
- Chickpea, Spinach and Potato Curry: I feel that curries always taste even better the next day because keeping it longer allows the flavours to get to know each other. Making this curry a day in advance and storing in the fridge is a good idea. You can reheat it on a stove top or microwave. Garnish with some lime wedges and herbs of your choice.
- Zucchini Aaloo Sabzi: This sabzi comes together quickly. Make this on the day of serving. This will keep the texture nice and fresh looking. Garnish with fresh coriander.
- Turmeric Rice (Tehri): Rice dishes are best prepared fresh for serving. To make things easier, you can prepare up to the step where rice is added. 30 minutes before you are ready to serve, add the rice and finish cooking. Garnish with fresh dill.
- Arugula and Grapes Salad: I usually prepare my salad about an hour before serving. But always keep the dressing separately. Add all the ingredients for the salad dressing in a glass jar with a lid. Shake and add it to the salad just before serving. This will keep the salad fresh.
- Spicy Mint and Coriander Chutney: You can make the chutney up to a day in advance. Store in an airtight container in the fridge until needed.
- Avocado Chocolate Mousse: For best flavour and texture, prepare it about 24 hours before serving. This will allow the mousse to set and you will get a firm but creamy texture. Garnish with berries or pomegranate arils, shredded coconut and chopped pistachios.
- Watermelon Masala Lemonade: You can cut the watermelon in advance, and wash and clean the mint leaves. Once you are ready to serve, you can quickly make the drink. Add ice cubes to keep it cold.
Looking for more vegan friendly recipes?
Check out the following link